On September 23 and 24, 2021, the city of Makhachkala in the Republic of Dagestan, Russia will host the 3rd International Urban Forum “Dagestan: New Development Scenarios”. It will once again provide a discussion platform for the exchange of experience, where cases and methods in architecture, urban studies and urban planning will be presented.
This is an annual event dedicated to issues of the comprehensive development of territories and modern design of a comfortable urban environment. The agenda of the Forum is focused on real-life Russian and foreign case studies of the overhaul of the urban environment.
The event will take place at the “Russia, My History” Historical Park.
The Forum is organized by the Government of the Republic of Dagestan and the Committee for Architecture and Urban Planning of the Republic of Dagestan.
The Russian-French School of Heritage Preservation and Revalorization “RE-School” and Vysokovsky Graduate School of Urban Studies National Research University Higher School of Economics will serve as intellectual partners for the forum.
The Forum’s Operator and Program Directorate is the Agency for Strategic Development CENTER.
Invited to Participate:
- Sergey Melikov, Head of the Republic of Dagestan
- Khizri Abakarov, Secretary of the Republic of Dagestan
- Artur Suleymanov, Minister of Construction of the Republic of Dagestan
- Nezir Guseynov, Chairman of the Committee for Architecture and Urban Planning of the Republic of Dagestan
- Uvais Kamalov, Chairman of the Dagestan Branch of the Union of Architects of the Russian Federation
- Irek Faizullin, Minister of Construction, Housing and Utilities of the Russian Federation
- Marat Aizatullin, Minister of Construction, Housing and Utilities of the Republic of Tatarstan
- Roman Dzhafarov, Deputy Minister of Construction and Housing of Stavropol Krai, Head Architect
- Anton Finogenov, Deputy General Director, DOM.RF Foundation
- Evgeniya Murinets, Member of expert council of the Ministry of Construction on the formation of a comfortable urban environment, member of the ASI Advisory Board, advisor to the Governor of Astrakhan Region, director of the Urban Policy Institute
- Nikolay Shumakov, President of the Union of Architects of Russia
- Narine Tyutcheva, Founder and Director of the Rozhdestvenka (RDNK) architectural bureau, Head of the RE-School Research and Education Center for the Preservation of Architectural and Cultural Heritage
- Tatyana Guk, Director of the “Moscow Genplan Institute” State Autonomous Institution
- Gleb Vitkov, Head of the Faculty of Urban and Regional Development of the National Research University Higher School of Economics
- Guy Eames, Co-Founder of the Russian Green Building Council RuGBC (UK)
- Anja Sofia Ehrenfried, Partner of the EDDEA architectural bureau (Spain)
- Edouard Moreau, Co-Founder of Orchestra Design (France)
- Christos Passas, Executive Director of Zaha Hadid Architects (UK), and other experts.