- The artistic decisions for the stations should blend harmoniously with the town-planning, historical and cultural environment of the region they are located in;
- Comfortable and safe transportation for all population categories must be met;
- Suitable applicative usage of space taking into account all the technical requirements of the Moscow Metro must be provided;
- Usage of state-of-the-art technologies, durable and eco-friendly materials is welcomed;
- Unified and clear for understanding navigation system should be used at the stations.
Metro is traditionally viewed as a projection of above-ground urban environment; together they form an integrated image of the city. Several factors traditionally influence the architectural look of the Moscow Metro stations:
- Global historical and cultural context traditionally bears the principal ideology of the epoch and comprises historical, cultural, economical and political aspects on a countrywide scale.
- Local historical and cultural context shapes a station identity to its location and includes historical and socio-cultural aspects on a regional level.
- Urban context includes specifics of city district type, city and district development plans, urban environment parameters, established onsite restrictions, demographic situation, traffic conditions and so on.
November 22 - Start of the competition
Until January 10 - Final of Applications Receiving
January 17 - Jury session. Selection of Finalists
Until March 1 - Work at competition concepts
March 13 - Jury deliberations, selection of best Proposals
April 17 - Results summarizing