23 evaluation criteria
The criteria were based on the factors that determine the comfort of the living environment: location within the city, development of the infrastructure within a walking distance, quality of communal areas, accessibility of residential buildings and surrounding territory, etc.
The ranking demonstrates the distribution of the objects by their final evaluation, regardless of their geographic location, division into administrative territories or classes of residential buildings.
Rating of Top 10 Residential Complexes with the Most Comfortable Living Environment
1-2. Tyumen (Ural Federal District), "Evropeyskiy" neighborhood
1-2. Moscow (Central Federal District), "Ispanskie Kvartaly" residential complex
3. Kazan (Volga Federal District), "ART CITY" residential complex
- The majority of the residential complexes analyzed, which were built over the past three years in the regions of Russia, had a design including relatively comfortable living environment.
- The level of comfort can differ depending on the class of a residential complex: the majority of luxury residential complexes ("Business" and "Elite" classes) are set apart by their highly comfortable living environment; meanwhile, in the residential complexes of "Economy" and "Comfort" classes, the living environment is predominantly of average quality.
- General specifications for the living environment in mass residential construction: development of infrastructure within walking distance, taking into account that in case of deficiencies, the construction company can compensate for them on the territory of a complex only within certain limits.
- The leading cities in terms of absolute number of residential complexes with high quality living environments are Moscow and Krasnodar. Tula, Makhachkala, and Surgut.
- The largest disparity of figures for living environment comfort was found in Tyumen: both the best and the worst of all objects analyzed are located in this city. In addition to it, the study revealed a large degree of disparity in Moscow and Perm.
- As concerns construction of the most comfortable residential complexes, the most successful regions were found in the Northwestern and the Ural Federal Districts; the Far Eastern Federal District demonstrated the least satisfactory results in providing a comfortable living environment; an above-average comfort level was found for the majority of regions in the selection: Northwestern, Ural, Central, and Southern Federal districts.